Energy use of wood waste from agrarian pruning and plantation removal requires attraction of service companies, producers of technological and energy equipment, as well as end users.
To date, the lack of cooperation between these stakeholders hindered the possibility of creating new value chains and overcome the main obstacles related to the size of orchards / vineyards, the cost of collection of cuttings and management, low-wage, logistics and lack of opportunity to benefit from the production of biomass.
Along with partners from Spain, Greece, Italy, France, Croatia and Portugal, Scientific Engineering Center "Biomass", together with Ukrainian Agribusiness Club take part in the international project uP-running.The project aims to identify successful examples, and new, sustainable and financially capable of operating models that take into account the peculiarities of each project country, in consultation with key stakeholders and through the implementation of demonstration projects.
The most promising business models will be provided consultative support of SEC "Biomass" and UCAB, and based on them will be implemented demonstration projects. To disseminate the "uP-running" results, the experience in implementing demonstration projects will be properly represented at the regional, national and European level.
SEC "Biomass" and UCAB searching stakeholders that may be one of the participants in the biomass value chain from agrarian pruning and plantation removal for the production of thermal energy. SEC "Biomass" and Ukrainian Agribusiness Club offer free counseling for entrepreneurs (farmers) with the support of the European Commission project uP_running (the program Horizon 2020).
Selected beneficiaries will be provided with the following consulting services:
- Support for the collection and use of biomass;
- Support in finding customers, service companies and contractors;
- Pilot demonstration of exploitation (harvesting, processing and incineration);
- Develop business models according to the parameters of success;
- Visualization at conferences, YouTube channel and other media.
- As a result of selection to become one of the beneficiaries.
- Advisory assistance is free for 5 beneficiaries.
- All requests of the beneficiaries will be considered during advisory support.
If you are interested to take part in the demonstration project and get consultancy, please contact the SEC "Biomass" or UCAB in the period October-November 2016.
* Project beneficiaries are farmers and other participants in the supply chain and use of biomass in the implementation of demonstration projects. Vinnytsia region is chosen as a demonstration project in the region.
UP_running project received funding from the EU program for research and innovation "Horizon 2020" under grant agreement N691748.