In the framework of the opening ceremony of the International Conference "Biomass for Energy 2018" the presentation of the professional bioenergy award "Golden Miscanthus 2018" was held.
The following nominees received the following prizes in 5 nominations:
- Capacity Building: UNDP Project "Development and Commercialization of Bioenergy Technologies in the Municipal Sector in Ukraine" – Joint project of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF) in 2014-2019. The project’s goal is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Ukraine by creating favourable legal, regulatory and market environment and building institutional, administrative and technical capacities to promote the utilisation of the country’s extensive agricultural biomass potential for municipal heat and hot water services.
- Science:Mykhailo Humentyk, Ph.D. in Agricultural Sciences, Head of the Laboratory of Technology for the cultivation and processing of multi-year bioenergy crops in the Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet of NAASU (Kyiv).
- Technologies and equipment: Institute of Bioenergy Crops and Sugar Beet of NAASU (Kyiv) – branch scientific and coordination-methodical center. Director: Mykola Roik.
- Project of the Year: Biomass CHP in Pereyaslav-Khmelnytsky city. CHP was built by "Kotlozavod Kriher". General Director – Valerii Hordiichuk (CE "Miskteplovodenerhiya").
- Jurisprudence: Sergii Savchuk – Head of State AGency of Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine.