Board Member of the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine Rostislav Maraykin has entered the Public Council of the State Agency of Ukraine on Exclusion Zone Management (SEZA). SEZA Public Council consisting of 7 members was formed at constituent meeting on 16.06.2016 and approved by the SEZA order of 30.06.2016. The Public Council of SEZA is aimed at ensuring transparency in the activity of the State Agency for Management Exclusion Zone, taking into account public opinion during the preparation and implementation of SEZA decisions.SEZA Order on Apprval the composition of the Public Council (in Ukrainian)
State Exclusion Zone Agency (SEZA) — central executive power with activity directed and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine.
Agency implements government policy in the areas of:
- Management of exclusion zone and zone of unconditional (obligatory) resettlement and provision of barrier function of the Exclusion Zone;
- management of radioactive waste, spent nuclear fuel and sources of ionizing radiation;
- to protect the population from radiation sources;
- rehabilitation of contaminated areas;
- liquidation of consequences of the Chernobyl disaster;
- physical protection of nuclear facilities, nuclear materials, radioactive waste and other sources of ionizing radiation in enterprises, institutions and organizations belonging to the SEZA of Ukraine system;
- decommissioning of power units of Chernobyl NPP and transformation of "Shelter" into an ecologically safe system.