Current data of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine on the Energy Balance of Ukraine for 2019 show that the share of renewable energy sources (RES) in the total supply of primary energy was 4.9% (in 2018 it was 4.6%). In the structure of production, RES had 7.9%.
Data analysis from UABIO
As in previous years, in the structure of energy production from renewable sources in 2019 the largest share was occupied by biofuels and waste – 79.3%.
The development of the bioenergy sector of Ukraine is a modern trendUABIO
- The volume of “production of biofuels and waste” amounted to 3786 ktoe in 2019 (as opposed to 3726 thousand tons of oil equivalent in 2018).
- The volume of “total supply of primary energy from biofuels and waste” – 3362 ktoe in 2019 (as opposed to 3208 thousand tons of oil equivalent in 2018).
- Exports of biofuels amounted to 429 ktoe in 2019 (542 thousand tons of oil equivalent in 2018).
- In 2019, 154,563 TJ of solid biofuel, 2,028 TJ of biogas, and 70,000 tons of liquid biofuel were produced.
- It should be noted that the import of liquid biofuels amounted to 70 thousand tons, and ерe export – 7 thousand tons.
- In the structure of electricity production from RES in 2019, the share of biofuels was 3.1%, while in 2018 it was 2.1%.
- The supply of primary energy from biofuels and waste in the amount of 3362 ktoe in 2019 is equivalent to the replacement of about 4.2 billion m3 of natural gas.