The first meeting took place on August 11. Based on its results, UABIO has prepared proposals:
- to include Georgy Geletukha in the working group 2, which deals with the sale of electricity from RES in competitive markets;
- to start work on the preparation of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine until 2050, taking into account the proposals of UABIO;
- develop a draft Law that will encourage investors to build shunting capacities and energy storage.
- Full text of the UABIO letter № 495 to the Deputy Minister of Energy of Ukraine Yurii Boyko on the Law of Ukraine on Improving the Conditions for Supporting the Production of Electricity from Alternative Energy Sources (in Ukrainian)
It is planned to create several working groups:
- Regarding the launch of auctions in support of RES projects.
- Regarding the preparation of a draft law that will allow RES facilities to leave the balancing group of the Guaranteed Buyer and sell electricity in competitive market segments.
- Regarding the development of methods for payment of electricity from RES in the conditions of forced production restrictions under the command of the system operator.
- Read the full text of the Law of Ukraine 810-IX “On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine on Improving the Conditions for Supporting the Production of Electricity from Alternative Energy Sources” (in Ukrainian)
Position of the UABIO is prepared, discussed and agreed upon by the members of the UABIO, which produce more than 50% of all energy from biomass and biogas in Ukraine.