What’s wrong with the energy strategy until 2035?
Read about the technical, financial, political, climatic, and environmental risks of slowing down the green energy pathway in the article authored by Oleksandr Dombrovskyi, President of MHP Eco Energy, Chairman of the Board of the Global 100% RE Ukraine Public Association, and Georgii Geletukha, Chairman of the Board of the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine.
Some facts about the situation in Ukraine:
- Work on the Concept of the green energy transition has been suspended.
- As of August 1, 2020, about UAH 22 billion is owed for electricity generated from RES — it is a record.
- More than UAH 3 billion was spent on subsidies to support the coal industry.
- Plans of the State Enterprise “National Nuclear Energy Generating Company “Energoatom” to complete two units of the Khmelnytskyi NPP by 2025 have been announced.
- No MW of shunting generation or energy storage has been built.
- No effective mechanisms have been developed to attract investment in the sector.
- Information chaos in the media distorts the image of the RES sector.
- Climatic skepticism at all levels.
In Ukraine, the average annual temperature has risen by 1.2 ° C over the past 30 years, the average growth rate in the world is 1.0 ° C.
Read about what is happening in the world while we are slowing down more and more in the RES sector in the full material.