We are pleased to announce the new UABio member – the agro company "Gals Agro".
The structure of the company includes 2 sugar factories, 7 agro-industrial firms, 2 elevators with a total capacity of 50 thousand tons.
Areas of activity:
- Sugar production from sugar beet;
- Crop production: corn, winter wheat, soybean, sunflower, barley;
- Meat and dairy production: poultry breeding – 150 thousand heads (turkeys); pig breeding – 14 thousand heads; cattle – 4 thousand heads.
Regions of activity of the company: Kiev and Chernihiv regions.
Biogas plants of the agro company "Gals Agro", as of May 2019:
1. Chernihiv region, Lynovytsia village, 2.4 MW – put into commercial operation in August 2018.
2. Chernihiv region, Zhuravka village, 1.2 MW – put into commercial operation in April 2019.
3. Kyiv region, Horodyshche-Pustovarivske village, 2.4 MW – on a start-up stage.
4. Kyiv region, Pyshchyky village, 1.5 MW – at the start of the construction stage, launch by the end of 2019.
Details of the operation of the biogas plants of the agro company "Gals Agro":
- raw: sugar beet pulp, energy crops silo, cattle, and pig manure;
- the electrical energy produced from biogas, the agro company plans to sell at the green tariff;
- the heat received in the process of biogas production, the agro company plans to use for heating of animal complexes and greenhouses;
- the agro company plans to use the substrate as fertilizer at its own agricultural enterprises.
The team of CU "Bioenergy Association of Ukraine" is grateful for the support! We continue to create a common platform for cooperation on bioenergy market of Ukraine, ensuring the most favorable business conditions for accelerated and sustainable bioenergy development. We invite you to join UABio!