Head of the Board of the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine (UABIO) Georgii Geletukha shared his professional opinion about the main advantages of the draft law №5464 on a Platform for renewable energy investments “GetMarket”.
It is important that this draft law does not provide:
- Additional budget funds;
- High tariffs.
It will be bought by commercial European or Ukrainian companies. Some UABIO members are already interested in the production of it. In addition, there is a demand for biomethane in Europe. The introduction of an additional carbon tax from 2023 is an important reason for developing CO2 production.
UABIO forecast — the adoption of this draft law is enough to start the development of the biomethane market in Ukraine.Georgii Geletukha
About the benefits of biomethane, including:
- It is ready-to-use for the existing infrastructure;
- It is three times cheaper than green hydrogen.
About the need to:
- Legitimize the definition of the term “biomethane”;
- Create the “Biomethane Register”.
And also about:
- Biomethane resources;
- The pathway of combining of biomethane and “green” hydrogen technologies;
- Potential buyers of biomethane;
- Production of organic fertilizers.
We thank the interviewer Maxym Babaiev and the company “Platform for renewable energy investments “GetMarket” that he represented for interest in the topic.