Georgii Geletukha about the draft Law №5464 on support of biomethane production and consumption
Head of the Board of the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine (UABIO) Georgii Geletukha shared his professional opinion about the main advantages of the draft law №5464 on a Platform for renewable energy investments “GetMarket”.
It is important that this draft law does not provide:
- Additional budget funds;
- High tariffs.
It will be bought by commercial European or Ukrainian companies. Some UABIO members are already interested in the production of it. In addition, there is a demand for biomethane in Europe. The introduction of an additional carbon tax from 2023 is an important reason for developing CO2 production.
UABIO forecast — the adoption of this draft law is enough to start the development of the biomethane market in Ukraine.Georgii Geletukha
About the benefits of biomethane, including:
- It is ready-to-use for the existing infrastructure;
- It is three times cheaper than green hydrogen.
About the need to:
- Legitimize the definition of the term “biomethane”;
- Create the “Biomethane Register”.
And also about:
- Biomethane resources;
- The pathway of combining of biomethane and “green” hydrogen technologies;
- Potential buyers of biomethane;
- Production of organic fertilizers.
We thank the interviewer Maxym Babaiev and the company “Platform for renewable energy investments “GetMarket” that he represented for interest in the topic.