The UABIO Working Group has finalized work on amendments to legislation to stimulate cultivation of energy crops in Ukraine.
According to the results of the work, amendments to the legislation at two levels are proposed:
– Legislative level – amendments to the Law on Alternative Energy Sources, the Land Code of Ukraine and other legislative acts on:
- Introduce the definition of the term “energy crops” and the principles of state support for their cultivation.
- Simplification of access to state and communal property lands for the purpose of cultivating energy crops on them – rent without auctions, limitation of the maximum rent and setting a minimum lease term of 20 years.
– Sub-legislative level – development of the draft Procedure for the use of budget funds to support the cultivation of energy crops, providing for compensation for the cost of planting 1 ha of energy crops::
- Amount of compensation (25 thousand UAH/ha, paid in 2 stages).
- Frequency of compensation (in the 1st and 3rd year of plantation existence).
- Compensation conditions (area not less than 100 hectares, germination – not less than 85% in the first year and not less than – 80% in the third year of the plantation’s existence).
- Control – a formal check of the submitted documents and field checks.
The necessary draft acts have been developed in the UABIO working group and transferred for further processing to the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine.Draft Law “On Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and some other legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the promotion of the cultivation of energy crops” (in Ukrainian) Draft Procedure for the use of funds provided for in the state budget to support the cultivation of energy crops (in Ukrainian) UABIO proposals to stimulate cultivation of energy crops in Ukraine (in Ukrainian)
We thank for active participation in the work of the UABIO working group to:
- Yuliia Kryvsha, SAEE
- Iryna Hnap, Salix Energy LLC
- Leonid Melezhyk, Energetychna verba LLC
- Kostiantyn Solianyk, Ecosolum LLC
- Mykhailo Humentyk, Oleksandr Hanzhenko, Valerii Katelevskyi, Institute of bioenergy crops and sugar beet of NAAS
and other market participants.