The Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World. Sofa superstar level
Saving the planet is a global mission for humanity that requires the personal responsibility of each of us. The UN recommends to start with a few of the many things you can do to make an impact!
Every human on earth—even the most indifferent, laziest person among us — is part of the solution.UABIO
Things you can do from your couch.
- Offset your remaining carbon emissions! You can calculate your carbon footprint and compensate for it, for example, by planting a tree or by participating in an environmental initiative.
- Stay informed. Follow your local news, stay in touch with the Global Goals online, and read more useful information.
- Save electricity by plugging appliances into a power strip and turning them off completely when not in use.
- Turn off the lights. Your TV or computer screen provides a cozy glow, so turn off other lights if you don’t need them.
- Speak up! Ask your local and national authorities to engage in initiatives that don’t harm people or the planet.
- Find out and buy products only from environmentally responsible companies.
- Share, don’t just like. If you see an interesting social media post about climate change, share it so folks in your network see it too.
- Tell us about your actions to achieve global goals by using the hashtag #globalgoals on social networks.
- Report online bullies. If you notice harassment on a message board or in a chat room, a flag that person. Your position may not be shared, but no one has the right to humiliate you.
- Discard paper receipts. Pay bills online.
For more information about the Sustainable Development Goals visit the UN website.