Materials that can release toxic or harmful chemicals when burned and may damage your appliance
These materials can release toxic or harmful chemicals when burned, and may damage your appliance:
- Household trash, including cardboard, plastics, foam, and colored ink on magazines, boxes, and wrappers.
- Coated, painted, and pressure-treated wood.
- Ocean driftwood, plywood, particleboard, or any wood with glue on or in it.
- Wet, rotted, diseased, or moldy wood.
- Plastic, asbestos, rubber, manure and animal remains.
We continue to talk about best wood-burning practices without harming ourselves and the environment.
How and what kind of wood to burn in our previous article.
Useful information from the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) program “Burn Wise”.