The article by UABIO Head of the Board Georgii Geletukha for GreenPost (in Ukrainian) about protracted 8 months process of negotiating between the Government and investors on the situation with RES projects. Georgii Geletukha has asked the question of why the bioenergy sector is being held hostage to this situation.
However, the situation is not being resolved, but only worsening: during the last three months, the level of payment of the State Enterprise “Guaranteed Buyer” to producers of electricity from biomass and biogas for electricity sold averaged about 5% per month.
In 2019, 61% of payments under the “green” tariff were received by solar power plants — biomass and biogas facilities got for only 7% of payments. At the same time, the problems of financial imbalance of the SE “Guaranteed Buyer” payments under the “green” tariff did not arise because of bioenergy sector.
In the full article read about:
- Distribution of green tariff payments by types of renewable generation in Ukraine in 2019.
- The myth of the highest “green” tariffs in Ukraine.
- Possible dangerous environmental and social consequences.
- Advantages of bioenergy projects.
- How to fix the situation.