We continue to talk about the international experience that Ukraine needs to attract today. The most interesting projects were chosen in the Czech Republic.
EC KUTNA HORA S.R.O.
- The private company operates its own CHP on grass biomass and provides heat supply services.
- The electric capacity of the CHP is 23 MW.
- The source of energy is grain and rapeseed straw and purposefully grown energy crops.
- The annual consumption of straw is 55 thousand tons.
- As a rule, the supply of raw materials is carried out at a distance of up to 50 km from the power plant. The company has a long-term contract for 10 years and provides straw harvesting services for its partners. The company offers for fuel suppliers the opportunity to take a certified ash-based fertilizer after combustion.
MOSTEK ENERGO S.R.O.
- A private company was created in September 2011 and included RSJ operates its own CHP on grass biomass and provides heat Investments (92%) and Dewarec (8%), which provided the project with the necessary financial resources.
- The power plant is equipped with a steam boiler with a fluidized bed, suitable for burning a wide range of different types of biomass.
- The electric capacity of the CHP is 4.9 MW in the condensing regime.
- The project lasted from 2011 to 2015.
- The total investment costs for the project amounted to 525 million Czech crowns.
- With very few exceptions, the complete technology was manufactured in the Czech Republic and supplied by Czech partners.
- Condensing heat from condensing cooling is partially used for air conditioning of raw material storage.
TTS ENERGO S.R.O.
- The company is the operator of three large biomass boiler houses that supply thermal energy to district heating networks.
- During the period 2001-2004, water heating and thermal oil boilers on wood, as well as a cogeneration unit with an ORC module, were installed at the Třebíč – Sever boiler house.
- A water-heating straw-burning boiler with a capacity of 5 MW was put into operation in 2006.
- Another Třebíč- Jih boiler house has two 3 MW wood-fired boilers on wood chips and two 5 MW hot-water boilers running on straw and using its own cigar burning technology.
Find more information in our position papers, in particular, UABIO Position Paper 24 “Agricultural residues for energy. What you should know about organizational and technical solutions”.