6 key proposals of UABIO to the Government
On May 5, UABIO Head of the Board Georgii Geletukha presented this position of the members of the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine during a round table “Overcoming the crisis in the Ukrainian energy sector.”
What do we offer?
- Solve a difficult situation with “green” tariff payments, especially for bioenergy facilities.
- Abolish the CO2 tax on biomass houses and TPPs / CHPs on biomass.
- Take into account UABIO’s proposals for the development of biomethane.
- Launch auctions for RES as soon as possible.
- Set a fixed tariff and auctions for the construction of shunting and peak capacities.
- Approve the Concept of “Green” Energy Transition until 2050. Start developing a new “Green” Energy Strategy until 2050 this year.
The draft laws have been submitted to the Fuel and Energy Committee. We are ready for cooperation. The vision of UABIO and the full content of these documents can be found here.