68 industrial biogas plants were built and put into operation in Ukraine by the end of 2020, such as:
- 28 stations are designed for the production of biogas from agricultural raw materials;
- 3 stations are designed for producer gas production (classified as biogas stations);
- 27 stations operate on biogas from landfills;
- At 9 stations, biogas is produced as a result of anaerobic treatment of industrial wastewater, at another one – from the sediment of domestic wastewater.
A green tariff for electricity was given for the 50th installations:
- 20 installations on agricultural raw materials;
- 27 biogas plants that use gas from landfills as raw materials;
- 3 installations on producer gas.
The total installed electric capacity of biogas cogeneration units was about 105 MW, of which: 103,364 MW operate at a green tariff.
The total production of electricity in 2020 by biogas plants, for which a green tariff has been set, amounted to about 471.5 million kWh.
The total use of biogas by all power plants in 2020 amounted to more than 230 million m3.
The total consumption of agricultural raw materials for biogas production amounted to about 1.8 million tons (fresh weight).
The total volume of the formed digestate was about 78 thousand tons (by dry matter).
We thank UABIO expert Petro Kucheruk for preparing the information.