About 4 millions hectares of land are suitable for growing energy crops in Ukraine
However, this direction is not developing enough.
Among the barriers:
We remind you that a free online seminar “Energy crops for bioenergy projects: prospects for Ukraine” will be held on September 9. Details at the link.
UABIO has suggestions for overcoming these barriers by improving the legislation.
What is in priority?
- to define the term “energy crops”;
- to simplify access to unproductive and degraded agricultural lands of state and communal property;
- to limit the maximum amount of rent for agricultural lands of state and communal ownership;
- to establish the minimum term of lease of agricultural lands of state and communal ownership for growing energy crops within 20 years;
- introduce compensation for the cost of planting and caring for energy plantations.
Such draft Law “On Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and Other Legislative Acts of Ukraine to Promote the Development of Energy Crops” was developed by the Bioenergy Association of Ukraine together with the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine (SAEE) and submitted to the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine.
More information on improving the conditions for growing energy crops in Ukraine in the article by our lawyer Anna Pastukh.