Public hearings on the research work “Technologies and equipment for the production and consumption of alternative fuels”
Date: October 6, 2020
Time: 14: 00–15: 30
Venue: Institute of Renewable Energy of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (48 Metrological st., Kyiv). If you wish, you can take part in the event.
An online broadcast of the event will be provided on the official Facebook page of UABIO.
It will be recalled that the Institute of Engineering Thermophysics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine nominated the work “Technologies and equipment for the production and consumption of alternative fuels” for the national award.
The scientific work was approved by the committee and officially admitted to the competition.
Among the authors of research — members of UABIO. The scientific work is nominated for the State Prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology.
The results of the authors, that we can already present
- A total of 4.2 billion m3 of natural gas was replaced. 8.6 million tons of CO2-eq. — reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- License for two Ukrainian patents sold in Vietnam. 5 technical specifications have been developed and approved. 29 boilers with a total capacity of 47 MW were delivered to the UK and 52 boilers with a total capacity of 91 MW — to France.
- The total installed thermal capacity of the implemented equipment was about 2300 MW, electric — 16.8 MW. The total production of thermal energy amounted to more than 34,000 thousand Gcal, electricity —almost 170,000 kWh.
- Estimated economic effect (if the cost of thermal energy from gas is 1400 UAH / Gcal and the cost of thermal energy from biomass is 10% cheaper than from natural gas) — 4.813 billion UAH.
During the 2000-2019 period, the authors developed and implemented:
- more than 5,000 biomass boilers,
- 6 rotary kilns on biomass,
- 15 TPPs / CHPs on biomass and biogas,
- 12 biogas collection and utilization systems at landfills.