The Institute of Technical Thermophysics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine has nominated the work “Technologies and equipment for the production and consumption of alternative fuels” for the state award of Ukraine in the field of science and technology.
Of the 8 authors, 7 present organizations that are UABIO members.
Here bit.ly/3c6EzXA (Ukrainian) You can support the work with a comment. We Thank You.
What are results of the authors?
- A total of 4.2 billion m3 of natural gas was replaced, 8.6 million tons of CO2-eq. — reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- The total installed thermal capacity of the implemented equipment was about 2300 MW, electric — 16.8 MW. The total production of thermal energy amounted to more than 34,000 thousand Gcal, electricity — almost 170,000 kWh.
- Estimated economic effect (at the cost of thermal energy from gas 1400 UAH / Gcal and the cost of thermal energy from biomass is 10% cheaper than from gas) — 4.813 billion UAH.
- For 2000-2019, the authors developed and implemented:
more than 5,000 biomass boilers,
6 rotary kilns on biomass,
5 TPPs / CHPs on biomass and biogas,
12 biogas collection and utilization systems at landfills.
- License for two patents of Ukraine in Vietnam sold.
- 5 technical specifications have been developed and approved.
- 29 hot water boilers with a total capacity of 47 MW were delivered to the United Kingdom and 52 boilers with a total capacity of 91 MW were delivered to France.